Thursday, May 24, 2012

DIY: Chalkboard Signs

The next project I want to share is super simple. I made chalkboard signs for the photobooth at the engagement party and honestly anyone can do it. I wanted to make homemade chalkboard paint but I had A LOT of trouble finding dry non-sanded grout in anything but a 2 pound bag (if your interested in that project just search Pinterest!) so I just bought the spraypaint version with my 40% off coupon at the craft store.

Supplies:
Pencil
Poster Board (thick)
Exacto Knife
Scissor
Chalkboard Paint
Chalk


1. Make the outline on your poster board. I made a speech bubble and a thought bubble.
2. Use the exacto knife to cut into the poster board.
3. Slowly make your way around your shape cutting off chunks. The exacto knife will most likely not be thick enough to cut through.
4. Evenly spray paint in a ventilated area. (Optional: Add a second coat)
5. Allow 24 hours to dry
6. With the side of a piece of chalk cover the entire board to prepare it for writing.
7. Enjoy!

The signs being put to good use at the engagement party.
Photo: Heather at HMS Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment